PHILOSOPHY OF METROWEST CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
MetroWest Christian Academy is a Private Christian Elementary School located in Ashland, MA. We serve students and families from Ashland, Framingham, Hopkinton, Southborough and many of the surrounding towns.
Our philosophy is based upon the Bible. The primary objective and purpose of the school is to train the student in the Christian way of life and to give the student an excellent education.
Since the primary reason for the existence of the school is a spiritual ministry, evangelistic efforts are made to expose children to a vital Christian faith. This is followed by instruction in right thinking, good conduct, and clean living in the light of the principles of God’s Word.
The academic program through the traditional approach is developed to provide students with the best possible program of studies. There is emphasis on the mastery of the fundamental blocks of material necessary for satisfactory achievement in these areas. Along with the acquisition of facts and concepts in the areas studied, stress is placed upon the development and exercise of the powers of reasoning. Methods of teaching proven to be effective are utilized. Realizing the difference in innate ability, we encourage and expect each student to do his best. We believe the traditional system of education educates the mind and builds character.
Character training is an important element in MetroWest Christian Academy. We believe that the heart of character training is obedience, which will eventually cultivate an inner self-discipline and is essential to the emotional, physical, social, and spiritual well-being of the student. The teacher is the authority in the classroom. Discipline is administered firmly but fairly. To obey, to do right, and to love God and country are attitudes we strive to instill in each student, thus equipping him for his role in God’s plan for his life and for his proper place in society.
MetroWest Christian Academy is a private institution governed by a school board who delegates authority to the administrator. It is also a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
In summary, the four cornerstones of MetroWest Christian Academy are:
1) the implementation of traditional educational techniques
2) the pursuit of academic excellence
3) the expectation of high standards for student conduct
4) evangelism and spiritual ministry
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, authoritative and infallible Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (I John 5:4-6)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
(I Corinthians 15:3; I Peter 2:21-30; John 3:16)
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (Romans 3:21-30; Galatians 4:4-7)
5. We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for body, mind and spirit in answer to believing prayer. (Isaiah 53:5; I Peter 2:24; James 5:14-16)
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer and operates in all believers in the power and gifts of the Spirit, manifesting them as He wills. (John 14:16; Acts 2:2-4; I Corinthians 12:14; Galatians 5:22)
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost will be eternally separated from God. (John 5:24.28,29)
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and seek community together to “become more and more in every way like Christ who is the head of His body, the church.” (Ephesians 4:16)